Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Rags to Riches

We just thought you all could be part of a conversation with us since you must be missing the sound of our annoying banter.

Tawnya: Wow Jodi, I didn't think that we were going to USSR circa 1961.

Jodi: Well Tawn, we aren't, but now we don't have to because we've stayed in East Berlin.

Tawn: Hmmm...guess we should have looked at that map a little closer before we booked our accomodation.

Jodi: Yes, East Berlin is a disaster. I almost peed a little when I saw the street we were staying on.

Tawn: Oh come on Jode, yer from the North side, the ghetto our hostel was in doesn't even come close.

Jodi: Careful, I might bust a cap in that a#*!

Tawn: Anyways...The cold war is over and the soviets are gone, but I don't think anyone has told the city engineers. The amount of grafitti and shoddy, dismal buildings is unreal compared to the West side.

Jodi: Well, I'm glad we decided to splurge on a room and now do not have to share a bathroom, I do not have to be afraid to touch the shower walls and there is an H&M down the street.

Tawn: I know! Isn't that a cute shirt I bought? Even though I wasn't supposed to as it already looks and feels like I am carrying an obese child in my backpack.

Jode: Yah, your bag is fat.

Tawn: Mmmm Hmmm. Cuz yours is so slender.

Etc...Etc....

Well I guess thats enough of that for now, because its gettin ugly for real. Actually the only thing that hasn't caused us problems yet is eachother. But I'm sure theres plenty of time for that. Basically, we are now staying in West Berlin which is way nicer and feels like a european (and German) city. It is beautiful and there are lots of shops we cannot afford. We are staying in a really nice place for the next 3 days to plan the next phase and just chill in light of the last few days.

Still frustrated as we cannot find a internet place with USB's, except the one yesterday but we ran out of time and it is no where near where we are staying now. So no pics again but we really are trying. This writing is kinda boring without pics. Came in here to post pics but you got this nonense instead. Hope everybody's doing alright and keep us posted with news of home. Any little thing is appreciated!
We will stay on our quest for USB ports and post soon again. Talk to ya soon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guten Tag! Well, the West sounds much safer and modernized than the East. Amazing what borders really do to a culture of people.
Went to Calgary to visit your Aunty Susan and Uncle Bill. Saw all the kids and their kids. Gave Aunty Susan your blog address so you should be hearing from them soon. You "madchen" take care and enjoy the pom frit mit mayo und das grosse bier! Auf wiedersehn! Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls, It was great to talk to you yesterday Jodi. Rough weekend for all of us. Glad to help out with your accomodations for the next few days. Cheer up and give each other a hug and kiss from me.
Love Mom K.

Anonymous said...

Hey girls, sounds like your having alot of fun... even if your having problems at some places. Nice conversation by the way, its good to hear you guys are still getting along. lol Jody you said to leave news of home no matter how little, well guess what. I'm FINALLY getting my license, if I pass everything I will have it on July 16th, YAY!!!!!
Love ya

Jaclyn

iLL Man said...

Accomodation can be a killer. It's amazing what poor digs can do for your perspective on a town. I only really hated Rotterdam after we ended up in a Roach Motel for two nights.....

Stick in and take the rough with the smooth.

Ewen

Anonymous said...

You will look back and laugh at these wee problems, when you're lyin on a beautiful beach in Thailand!

Keep the faith ladies,

Lotsalove,
Diane xx