Monday, July 16, 2007

Halong Bay, Vietnam (July 15 -16)

We've just returned from from 2 days and 1 night in Halong Bay. Trying to upload pics but the vietnamese computers really don't want to be a part of that. It was really beautiful and much bigger than we ever imagined. Over 1500 islands and islets. Slept on a junk (boat). Nice junk. Well not really but just wanted to say that. We are killing time in an internet cafe in Hanoi after a painful 3 hour bus (actually a van) from Halong city. We are off to the airport this evening to fly to Bangkok where we will spend a luxurious night on the airport floor/hard benches. We then fly to Phnom Penh in Cambodia the next morning at 7am. Should be a really good time. We plan to go to the Killing Fields the next day which should be pretty depressing but need to experience it. Then to Siem Reap to check out Angkor Wat a la Lara Croft. We are pretty tired now, so don't think we'll feel much more chipper in the 48 hours, but that is the way of travel sometimes, I guess we shouldn't complain! Gotta go eat, so thats all for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girls, sounds like an adventure. Thanks for posting!

Big Bro V.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tawn and Jody,
I can't beleive that you are in Vietnam. Or I think that is where you are. As long as you know where you are. Are you keeping all your maps. How is your stomach doing with all the different food? It is amazing what you are doing and I am so proud of you that you are the ( I was going to sasy balls!) you know what I mean to take life and just plain live it.Beam me to where you are from time to time, always knowing that you are very special to me. All is well here. Preparing for a surprise party for Jake this weekend...35!!! Lord that is scary. Jill was 29 yesterday, Chris and Tammy's anniversary today.. 9 years.. I feel ANCIENT!!!! No I don't Hve no time to feel old.
Love and Kisses
Colleen